This course will be an introduction to environmental documentary film making, focusing on how video graphy can be used as a tool to highlight environmental and ecological subjects. Students will explore filming techniques, traveling in and around Paris documenting ecological issues. From pre-planning a shoot, setting up a digital camera and how to use it in the field, to recording audio for an interview, students will develop awareness and learn skills to help them find an entry level opportunity in this burgeoning field.
Area of benefits
• How to set up a camera – Manual mode (f. stop, shutter speed, iso, white balance)
• Importance of composition, lighting, perspective
• Importance of videography in supporting environmental issues
• Pre plan a shoot and filming techniques (using a tripod, different angles, field work
• Using to Adobe Premiere Pro for editing, incorporating text, and animation
• How to create your portfolio