An intensive course covering the essential aspects of filmmaking. From pre-production through to post-production, students learn to “imagine” their project, “Inspire” others with that vision, and “Sell” those ideas to potential producers and financiers. With a strong focus on screenwriting, producing and directing, students will take a project from script to screen, gaining a grounding in essential filmmaking principles and preparing them for entry-level opportunities in the new creative economy.
Area of benefits
• Screenwriting – Screenplay structure, characterization and writing dialogue
• Producing – Understanding production and the organisational process
• Directing – Casting, lighting, camera and working with actors
• Editing – Using the latest editing software (Premiere Pro, Final Cut)
• An introduction to Visual Effects and Audio postproduction