Using industry-standard software such as Logic Pro and Protools, students will explore beat making, and song arrangement, vocal production as well as mixing and mastering. Students will use digital plugins to learn how to use EQ, reverb, delay and compression to get a polished professional sound. Students will then finalise their own music, mixing under the guidance of an experienced producer and engineer. These skills are essential in preparation for an entry level job as studio engineer and/or music production. Students with existing bands or their own music are invited!
Area of benefits
• Using software to create a song or dramatic musical composition
• producing and mixing music – getting the big sound!
• Recording vocals and live instruments – tricks of the masters.
• Learn about audio fx – Equalization, Reverb, compression and more
• Creating modern drum loops – beat editing
• Guitar skills option for guitar players